Monday, January 20, 2014

Border Terrier


Myrtle
10''x 8'', Pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth
Copyright Laura Hardie 2014

So with the Christmas holidays now over it’s back to the drawing board for me and looking forward to what 2014 brings. I have some great commissions lined up and my head is full of ideas for drawings which will hopefully make it onto paper and canvas - definitely going to dust my brushes off this year and do some painting. Just need to make my mind up if I want to do watercolours, acrylics or oils …… or all three! If time (and money) allows, I’m hoping to have a trade stand at a couple of horse shows. This will be a first for me so a lot of organising there but I’ve got my application forms all ready to go. And then of course there are the exhibitions I want to enter work in to, so it’s going to be a busy year. I may also have some exciting news to share with you all but more about that at a later date if all my finger crossing has worked.   

Started the year off drawing this little lady, a Border Terrier called Myrtle, and what a character. Her wiry fur certainly kept me very busy for a while! Back to the smooth, short hair of a horse next.



Copyright Laura Hardie 2014
Please do not use without permission

6 comments:

artista sem pena said...

That's awesome!

Mary Marriner said...

Laura...Your paintings are beautiful! You inspire me to keep at my drawing table every day. Little Myrtle is adorable! I'm sure that wiry coat took some patience. Lovely work!

Laura said...

Thank you Mary, always so lovely to hear if my work inspires others. And yes, lots of patience to do little Myrtles coat ;-) x

Laura said...

Thank you Artista :)

Sue Clinker said...

Hi Laura Happy New Year to you. Hope all your plans come to fruition.

Love Myrtle - wonderful way to start your arty year! Are you using electric eraser for the white hair or indenting?

Sue
x

Laura said...

Thanks Sue and a Happy New Year to you too :)

I use an electric eraser for white hair, etc,I never indent - tried it and really didn't like the result but guess it's just down to personal preference. Would be lost without my electric eraser! x