Sunday, January 26, 2014

Big Ben


Big Ben
52cm x 44cm, Coloured Pencil on Pastelmat
Original sold
Copyright Laura Hardie, please do not use without permission

I was looking at my blog stats the other day and noticed that last year was my worst year for posting since I started blogging back in 2006 – only 17 posts for the whole year! That's not good and if I keep it up I’m not going to have any readers left, so I have decided, in an effort to be more organised, Sundays will be my ‘blogdays’! And I may even manage to fit extra posts in during the week if I surpass myself :)

Was also looking at what drawings I haven’t got round to posting on here and Big Ben is one of them ……. finished him at the end of last year. As with most of my Clydesdale drawings I got the reference for Big Ben at the Royal Highland Show and I have to say he was definitely a favourite of mine and stood out from the other Clydesdales. He was such a character, oh so handsome, and very interested in me and my camera – he just had to see what was going on! 

And I couldn’t do just one drawing of him now could I ……. nope, had to do another which is currently on my easel waiting to be finished. Commission to do first though.



Copyright Laura Hardie, please do not use without permission.

No comments: