Monday, June 23, 2008

The Royal Highland Show

The last four days has seen the Royal Highland Show at Ingliston, Edinburgh. According to their website it is Scotland’s biggest outdoor event and is one of the UK’s top agricultural shows attracting over 150,000 visitors each year. That is a lot of people and why I had hoped to have a tradestand at this years show had I been more organised. Keeping my fingers crossed and mind focused for next year but until then I need to build a cohesive body of work and spend some time developing my artistic style I think.
Exhibiting or not, I always make a point of going and made no exception this year – it’s actually a great day out, despite it being expensive, and well worth a visit if you can make it. This year I took my camera along hoping to get photos of the Clydesdale horses. I wasn’t disappointed and managed to take about 90 photos before I was dragged away by my bored daughter. They were gorgeous, so big and powerful looking, and I could quite happily have spent the whole day with them. Not to worry, hopefully I’ll have some great reference photos to work from.
Back in the studio I’m working away on two black labs and should have some work in progress shots to show you soon. Until then here is ‘one I finished earlier’ – an elderly black lab by the name of Bert.

No comments: