Friday, June 27, 2008

Black Lab - a WIP

I love Labradors and they’re definitely up there when it comes to my favourite breed of dog. I’ve drawn the yellow and chocolate and wanted the opportunity to do the black so was delighted when I got not one, but three, to do (one double), almost one after the other. What is it they say about buses:)

I’m currently working my way through the second of the three on my list. This one is a double portrait and I thought I would show some progress shots for anyone interested in how my drawings come together.

This is Audley, coloured pencil (as if I need to tell you that) on Fabriano paper. I must admit to having been unsure of the reference photo I worked from to begin with, but while working on his portrait actually think it shows a lot of his character. His owners certainly think so.


Tomorrow I will show you Lola - you can see a bit of her ear on the last pic.

No comments: