Friday, January 25, 2008

A horse in progress

I've been working on this drawing of a horse on and off for the last couple of weeks - she's big and will be 14x10 inches when finished. Why I chose to do it quite so big I'm not sure as it's taking me aaaaages to do. This is approximately 15 hours so far.

Not that I'm complaining as I'm really enjoying it. I love horses, they're beautiful animals ......... to look at and draw. I don't mind admitting to being slightly - ok, very - wary of them and I blame it all on a traumatic childhood experience with a rogue horse.

I would tell you about it but it would take too long and I'm rubbish at telling stories, but what I will say is that it involved a HUGE horse - no, really it was; an ill fitting hard hat (i.e. far too big); lots of tree branches and of course, me. It was enough to put me off horses for good and the reason why I couldn't ride off into the sunset with my knight in shining armour - that bit really gets me!

3 comments:

Tracy Hall said...

Absolutely stunning already, laura. I hope you can get to have a go on a gentle horse some day - you'd love it!

Making A Mark said...

You've produced some lovely modulations of colour and values on his face

Laura said...

Thank you to you both;)

Tracy, I never say never but at the moment I'm happy just to draw them;)