Monday, January 07, 2008

Almost forgot

12x16 acrylic and coloured pencil
Remember this one? I didn't until I came across it again while tidying and sorting out my studio and remembered I hadn't actually finished the WIP on my blog. So this is the final stage, currently titleless, but with whiskers and a background added. I'm still undecided about whether I like working with coloured pencils on Ampersand Pastelbord - I lean more towards 'like' but need to complete a few more to fully make my mind up.
What you see has been cropped, thanks to my scanner, and the dog actually sits more to the right of the composition rather than centred as she looks here. Once I get my printer set up - or should I say, once I build an extension to house it (it's HUGE) and take a proper photo, I plan to turn this into prints.

2 comments:

Tracy Hall said...

This turned out beautifully, Laura! Intrigued by the pastelbord - a friend recently tried their smooth claybord for watercolours, I wonder how you found it (maybe they are very different?) Also would be interested to know where you got it - I coulnd't locate it in the UK to have a go!

Laura said...

Thanks Tracy;)

Ampersands pastelbord is different from their smooth claybord, although I do have some of this as well ready for trying out. Claybords a lot smoother in texture and you have the option to scratch back into your drawing/painting if you want to.

I had to order both from Dick Blick's as I haven't yet come across anywhere in the UK that stocks them - wish I knew why not. If you want to pm me your address I'd be happy to send you an 8x10 piece of the smooth claybord to try;)