Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beau


Beau
10''x 10'', pencil on Mellotex paper
Original sold

What a past week it has been!! Lots of good, nice, happy things happening and then some not so good. But not going to dwell on the not so good for now thank you very much – it can sod off and karma can deal with it.

Finished the ‘secret’ commission I’ve been working on and I can hopefully share it here next week. Needs to make its way to Italy first – still get excited when I think of my drawings making their way to homes around the world. So now I am trawling my way through hundreds of photos taken at the Royal Highland Show last week, which incidentally was fantastic as ever and a great two days was had, to decide which is going to make it onto paper first. It’s not often I’m spoilt for reference choice. 

‘Beau’ was drawn from photos taken at last years show and it was my intention to do a limited run of prints from this but being the pernickety, perfectionist I am when it comes to my art they just didn’t match up enough to the original drawing in my eyes and so no prints ……. except that is for 5 artist proofs I still have. I didn’t have the heart to throw them out and felt they were too good, again in my eyes, to bin so I have signed, mounted and wrapped them ready to sell at a one off price of £25 plus p&p. Image size is 10’’x 10’’ and mounted, 14’’x 14’’. I’ve also mentioned this over on my FB page so I’d be quick if interested, sold three already!

3 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Love how you deal with the 'not so good' .... will have to remember that one for the future LOL

Glad you're finding good homes for the Beau prints - Its a fab drawing and shows the personality of these gorgeous 'heavy horses'

Laura said...

Now just hoping that karma does it stuff Sue ;-)

All 5 have now sold which is great - must admit I love the heavy horses and especially Clydesdales, truly stunning animals.

Remrov said...

Truly beautiful!