Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Black Lab in coloured pencil

Monty
10x8 Coloured Pencil
Copyright Laura Hardie

Schools are back tomorrow so hopefully things will return to normal behind the easel with more work getting done. I never seem to settle into my routine when there are kids around as I‘m always being distracted with one thing or another – I have a daughter who has an aversion to walking and prefers to be chauffeured around, pretty much on a daily basis. When they’re at school I get the peace and quiet I need to concentrate on my work.

I have not long finished this black lab. He has been sat on my easel all weekend to look at and see if there are any areas that jump out at me needing attention before I call it finished. I always find leaving a drawing for a couple of days and giving your eyes a break from it highlights any areas that might need fixed or worked on. All that’s left to do now is to have it mounted/matted before it's shipped off to its new owner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful piece,Laura....he has got a super expression on his face.

Debbie said...

Beautiful, Laura! You should write a book on your technique! Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Debbie

Anna Tikhomirova said...

I love colour pencil technique and you have mastered it beautifully. Thanks for sharing your work. I have added a link to you to my own blog.

Regards,
Anya

Laura said...

Thanks Vic, Debbie and Anya for the lovely comments.

Debbie, don't know about a book as my writing skills leave a lot to be desired:-D But an excellent compliment, thank you.

Anya, Thank you for the link - off now to have a good look at your blog and artwork:-D