Sunday, April 29, 2007

What a difference a day makes....

..... or 2 or 3. Have now finished the portrait of Lara, the boxer, after putting it to one side for a few days so I could look at it with 'fresh' eyes. I wasn't really happy with how it was progressing but couldn't put my finger on why. Having this break helped as when I looked at it again could see the colouring wasn't right - she was looking too orange - funny how these things seem so obvious after looking at it afresh.

Funnily enough while I had decided to change the colour of her fur I found out from her owner that the photograph I was working from - although taken outside - wasn't a true representation of her colouring and she was in fact a lot darker all over. Her ears, for example, are completely black in real life but looked light brown on the photograph!!

I have now made all the necessary changes and am a lot happier with how it looks. So here she is, Lara, the boxer..........

No comments: