Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Misty

Misty
12'x10' Coloured Pencil
Copyright Laura Hardie 2010

I think I must be getting old as I can’t seem to do more than one and a half hours of drawing at a time lately without getting aches of some sort (just now it is my back) and I have to get up and move around a bit to ‘loosen’ up. I suppose being hunched over my drawing board for hours doesn’t help – that and the fact I could really do with a more comfortable chair to sit in.

Misty is now finished and sitting where I can look at her over the next couple of days to see if anything screams ‘fix me’. If not, and she is approved, it’s a trip to my framers for a mount before posting. In the meantime I have made a start on my next portrait which is that little bit different from the traditional head study as you can see from the reference on the right.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Hello Laura. Love your work! This is beautiful and I love the punch of color with the ball.

Vicki Greene said...

Laura you do such beautiful work. Sorry about the aches and pains but please take care of yourself and invest in a great chair.

roberta said...

i love your art!!!!
good job!

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

Beautiful, looking forward to "colin"

Gillian McMurray said...

Laura, Misty is just beautiful. I know what you mean about the aches and pains - at the moment I'm taking cramp in my right hand when I work for too long. Hope it gets better soon for both of us ;o)

Carol H. said...

She is gorgeous! I love the ball in the mouth.

Laura said...

Hi Brenda and thank you, I too love the ball and, including her soulful eyes, was what attracted me to the photo:)

Thank you Vicki - think you're right about the chair. Will need to start saving my pennies:)

Thank you Robiro and welcome to my blog:)

Hi Geraldine, made a start on Colin and he's coming along slowly. Should have some progress shots in the next couple of days:)

Hi Gillian - we are obviously suffering for our art. Hope your hand doesn't bother you too much:)

Thank you Carol:)

PaperTails - Pet Portraits said...

I absolutely love your drawing style - with a bit of practice i hope to be just as good as you - or as close as i can get! well done, looko forward to your next one!