Monday, May 19, 2008

I'd Rather be in the Studio!


I’ve just finished reading Alyson Stanfield’s ‘I’d Rather be in the Studio! The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self Promotion’ and highly recommend you get hold of a copy if you can – for the motivation factor if nothing else.

I remember reading somewhere that you should, sorry need, to be dedicating at least half of your art time marketing – sometimes more! If you’re like me and don’t spend anywhere near this amount of time on marketing and come up with countless excuses not to, then this is the book for you. It will provide you with the tools, techniques and guidance to get your name out there in the art world and make your time away from the studio more enjoyable – no excuses allowed.
I have certainly come away from this book full of ideas but more importantly motivated enough to put them into action. I am more organised and focused which can only be good for my art.

I’d Rather Be in the Studio! The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion is for artists of all kinds. Painters, sculptors, ceramist, jewellers, photographers, and others will benefit from the easy-to-follow self-promotion practices in this book.

Author and art-marketing consultant Alyson B. Stanfield, of ArtBizCoach.com, focuses on sharing the artwork directly with potential buyers through electronic and traditional communication outlets – in a manner that is comfortable, not artificial. Artists match Internet marketing strategies with sincere personal skills to take charge of their art careers.
The book includes online worksheets and downloads.

No comments: