Friday, October 05, 2007

Time management

Wolfie
12x10, Coloured Pencil on paper
Commission

No I haven't abandoned my blog and am still here. Life in general has simply taken over in one way or another leaving me with not enough hours in the day - again - to fit everything in.

Not having enough hours in the day is something I'm always complaining about prompting me to think more seriously about time management. As a Pay and Personnell Admin Officer in a previous life, managing my time in the office was compulsory so it shouldn't be a problem in the studio and home right? Right! Need to be positive and start as I mean to go on.

So as a start, at the end of everyday I plan to put pen to paper and list all my goals for the following day that I want to accomplish .......... must/WILL accomplish - and stick to it. If that means less time on the Internet or TV, not having elevenses or cooking the kids tea then so be it (ok, maybe not the last one).

The way I see it is that I should be having a lot more work flying off the easel than I am and doing a lot more with my business than what I'm currently doing but for some reason or other am not. I have so many things I want to do, and can do, if I just organized myself better. This should, in turn, give me more time to update my blog regularly (I'm looking at twice a week) - yet something else I keep promising to do but always put off to another day. But not anymore, here's to a more organised and focused me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing Laura, so soft and velvety....I know what youmean about time management I have the same problem too lol.

Pet Portrait Artists said...

hi laura, yep i do too! I write lists and it feels good to cross one off when you have done it, and if you finish all your jobs for the day and you can crumple the piece of paper that feels even better : )

Pet Portrait Artists said...

Hi Laura, me too! I write lists and i find that it feels so good to cross one off when its done, and if i manage to do them all and crumple the piece of paper it feels even better! : )

Laura said...

Isn't it strange how you seem to get more done if you write down your daily goals. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner - the feeling of satisfaction I get scoring one by one of the list is so good:)