Tuesday, November 05, 2013

The Clydesdale


Serene Splendour
27cm x 36cm
Coloured Pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper
Copyright Laura Hardie 2013

It. Is. So. Cold!! Definitely starting to feel the colder weather now. I’ve had to stop working for the day as finding it hard to draw with half frozen fingers but typing my blog post I can do.

A subject I am loving to draw just now is the Clydesdale horse - I have a huge soft spot for these gentle giants and always look forward to seeing them at the Royal Highland Show each year, where I get most of my reference photos. I finished two coloured pencil drawings recently of Clydesdales, both of which I am happy to say have sold - one is currently making its way to the USA as I type.


The Gentleman
28cm x 33cm
Coloured Pencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper
Copyright Laura Hardie 2013

And on my drawing board just now …………. another Clydesdale :)

5 comments:

Caroline B said...

Beautiful expression on the top horse's face!

Sue Clinker said...

I love the 'heavies' also and you've portrayed this beautifully, really capturing their gentle personalities.

Ditto re. the cold. We're going out to our place in the Canaries next week to enjoy some much needed warmth and sunshine :-)

Laura said...

Could do with some warmth and sunshine ..... hope you have a lovely holiday Sue xx

Rita Foster said...

Wow I'm in absolute awe over your drawings. They're absolutely amazing!

Laura said...

Thank you Rita, that's really kind of you to say x