Thursday, December 27, 2012

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!


Time Out
Pencil, 37cm x 27cm
Copyright Laura Hardie 2012

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Was a quiet, but very enjoyable one for me and the kids but now it’s back to work. Well it should have been had I not received THE best email that saw me jumping about the place with excitement all morning! Think I have calmed down enough now to share my good news with you and might even get some work done this afternoon. My drawing ‘Time Out’ has been awarded 1st place, that’s 1st place, in the Drawing Category of the Art Horse Magazines International Equine Art Competition, Ex Arte Equinus VI. Not only this, another of my entries ‘Pep Talk’ has been accepted into the show.

This is the first time I have entered work into this competition so to say I am excited really is an understatement and I’m still trying to take it all in. You could say it’s made my day, especially when you see the standard and quality of work from other artists in previous years shows. They are still available to view on the Art Horse Magazine website should you be interested. Well worth a look.

This years Show should be online sometime in January or February – I will of course (if you hadn't already guessed:)) keep you informed when that, and the book, is out. Now I really must get some work done. 

10 comments:

Danielle Feldman said...

Congratulations - well earned win!

Laura said...

Thank you Danielle, couldn't be happier and really did make my day.

Caroline B said...

Wow, congratulations! Have you returned to earth yet? What a beautiful magazine; fantastic to be a winner among such company!

Laura said...

Thanks Caroline, took me a while to return to earth but I got there - could still easily squeal with excitement but got it more under control now :-)

Did you have a look at previous shows? There is some stunning work from other artists isn't there, many I hadn't heard of and will need to look up. Spent a long time admiring it all, really inspiring.

Sandra said...

I am so thrilled for you! You are such an amazing artist! As Danielle said well earned.

Sue Clinker said...

Many congratulations Laura - well deserved. Time Out is a beautiful drawing.

I followed your link but keep getting back to Blurb which is a self-publishing book site. Can you buy the magazine in UK shops or is it all online/USA?

Andy said...

Congratulations... One day I hope to have Morgan (my Cavalier King Charles) drawn my Laura.

Laura said...

Thank you Sandra, that is really kind of you.

Laura said...

Hi Sue and thank you - I really am delighted and still celebrating :-)

Strange you couldn't follow my link - just tried it myself and is working for me. You can only get the magazine from the USA via their website - not aware of any retailers in the UK unfortunately. Would definitely recommend you look at the work from past shows if you can as there are some stunning pieces.

Laura said...

Thank you Andy, would love to draw your dog for you should you decide to have a portrait of Morgan one day :-)