Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Dutch Auction



Curiosity
22cm x 19cm, pencil on Fabriano Artistico paper
With mount, 36cm x 32 cm
£200
Copyright Laura Hardie 2011


Loving this spring weather we’ve been having lately and it’s so nice to see some sun and colour for a change – just wish I had a garden to make the most of it. Then of course I would probably spend too long there and not enough time at the drawing board!

With my motivation still causing me problems on the art front (though I think it’s more a case of me facing a creative blank and artist block) I’ve been doing a bit of a spring cleaning instead and decided it was time to have a mini clearout of my older drawings and offer them by way of a Dutch Auction. I’ve seen a few artists do this in the past and really liked the concept. For those of you unfamiliar with a Dutch Auction, it is “a type of auction where the auctioneer begins with a high asking price which is lowered until some participant is willing to accept the auctioneer's price, or a predetermined reserve price (the seller's minimum acceptable price) is reached. The winning participant pays the last announced price. This is also known as a "clock auction" or an open-outcry descending-price auction.” (Wikipedia). If anything, it’s a great way to own an original piece of art at greatly reduced prices.

The Auction will basically work as follows …….

1.
One drawing at a time (I have a few:)) will be auctioned here on my blog.
2. Every Monday the price will drop by £20 until it is either sold or reaches a predetermined and undisclosed reserve price and taken out of the auction.
3.
Purchases will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. Notifications should be made by way of email (see my contact details on sidebar).
4.
Payments are accepted by credit/debit card via PayPal or cheque (UK bank accounts only).
5.
Postage is an additional cost and will be determined by your location.

Straight forward enough but hold off too long for a drawing you really like and you might miss out to someone else!

First up with a starting price of £200 is 'Curiosity', a 22cm x 19cm pencil drawing of a Weimaraner on Fabriano Artistico paper. It will come double mounted/matted ready for framing – size with mount, 36cm x 32cm.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

wow, your dog drawings look so real and his eyes make him pop off the page, i do a couple dogs on my blog but I seem to do better with elephants, but none of my things can compare with yours.

Krista/Ruca said...

What a perfect drawing! I can feel the short bristly whiskers and the puff of breath as he tickles my ear, checking me out. Nicely done!