Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Absence

I’m not doing too well in regularly updating my blog am I? So why the long absence - I’d love to say it’s because I’ve been extremely busy in the studio, so much so that I just didn’t have the time to blog but I’d be lying. Without going into too much detail, there have been problems at home which has had a knock on effect with my art and productivity. It may be a while before things get back to normal, though I am getting there, and I can start blogging again on a more regular basis.

In the meantime, here is Tango the German Shepherd, who is now finished and safely with his owners. Picture has been cropped thanks to my scanner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawing Laura.....out of curiousty what paper did you use for this,looks like it has a lovely surface. Hope things get sorted for you.

Laura said...

Hi Victoria - so sorry for the late reply. I used velour paper for this portrait, this being my favoured choice with pastels. There are a couple of things I'm starting to dislike about it however and so I'm on the lookout for a paper that gives similar results - I have a few to try out when I get the time (why is time always an issue for me).