Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Collie and Google

My website has been up and running for just over a year now and, I am happy to say, have had a lot of interest in my work because of it. In fact 90% of my commissions come via my website. How people are finding it however remains a mystery to me as I can't find it myself when I do a search! How Google rank websites is beyond me - even more so than Photoshop - and it seems that no matter what I do to increase my chances of it appearing on the top pages it's not happening. I'm just not technically minded, never have been and fear never will be, so maybe expert help is needed but where to start and who to trust. Something to think about.

Something that didn't involve any technology whatsoever was my latest commission of a beautiful Collie called Maggie, completed using coloured pencils. If only everything in life was as straight forward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super drawing Laura, and I love your new blog title... vey apt.

Heather Page said...

Absolutely amazing Laura! I love the mouth especially. It's so realistic! You're my inspiration when it comes to coloured pencils!!

Laura said...

Thanks guys:)
Heather what a great compliment, thank you:)I actually love drawing dogs in this pose with their tongue hanging out even though it takes me forever to get the tongue the colour I want.

The Comfort Café said...

Hi Laura,
Your coloured pencil work is STUNNING!