Monday, April 23, 2007

Boxer update

Another stage in my boxer portrait. Worked on this over the weekend and would be further on if I wasn't so easily distracted.

Being a mother of 2 children, and having a husband who works nights, I have found I can do a lot of work undisturbed in the evenings and had planned such an evening last Saturday. Unfortunately I caught a couple of minutes of 'Grease is the Word' on TV and ended up watching all one and a half hours of it just to see who got through! Sad I know, but I was a BIG Grease fan when I was a child - still find it strange that my daughter is too and like me knows the words to all the songs.

Anyway, I digress, all was not lost and had I been focused could still have a couple of hours behind the easel - I even got as far as sitting there with pastels in hand. But then my daughter decided she wanted to watch one of her DVD's about cheer leaders and boy meets girl etc. I don't know why I'm admitting this but I found myself engrossed in this also and it really wasn't worth watching. So where I could have had 4 hours well spent at my easel I chose to spend it watching rubbish on TV!

I've put my boxer to one side for a few days to start work on a Springer Spaniel montage that has been on my waiting list since before Christmas. Looking forward to this portrait with all the different images to portray - 8 in all - and will post updates as I work on it.

No comments: