Friday, April 20, 2007

Boxer in progress

This is a commissioned portrait I have just finished of a collie and jack russell in colour pencil. Taking just under 2 weeks to complete this portrait is definately up there in the 'taking forever' column.

Next up on my easel is a beautiful boxer in pastel. I have found it very hard to get past the 'ugly stage' with this portrait - for some reason this stage lasts longer for me when working in pastels - and had to keep reminding myself that it would all come together. I think it's because, certainly in the way I work, that there is a lot of blocking in with the pastels and the detail comes later, i.e. I'm impatient! Here is where I am with it just now - as you can see still a long way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great drawings Laura,as always. Look forward to seeing the boxer finished.