Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Saluki

Teruh
12'x10' Coloured Pencil
Copyright Laura Hardie 2010

Has it really been that long since my last post!?! Top of my goals for 2011, which I will be thinking more about over the Christmas break, has to be better time management and to stop procrastinating so much. In my defence I have had a lot of unnecessary 'things' thrown at me this year, not art related, that has unfortunately (and frustratingly) taken up far to much of my time than I care to think about. As has all this snow we've been having recently - I've had a shovel in my hand more times than I have my pencils I think!

So while I've been a bit quiet here on my blog dealing with 'things', I have been working away at the drawing board when I can and completed a couple of portraits. One is of the Saluki you see at the top of this post, called Teruh. Normally I would have blogged the stages as I worked on it but, as time got the better of me, will show them together here incase they are of interest to anyone.


15 comments:

Grahame Butler said...

Absolutely beautiful. and the drawings not bad either! fantastic Laura I always love to see your finished work, happy Xmas.

Laura said...

Thank you Grahame - and a happy Xmas to you too. Wishing you all the best for 2011 x

Sue Clinker said...

Grahame, I do believe you're flirting ;-)

Happy Christmas to you both and, as usual, your drawing is fantastic Laura. Aren't Saluki's wonderfully elegant 'people'

Elena Sanson said...

Sei fantastica!
COMPLIMENTI!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Laura - love it!!! :)

Rebecca Taylor said...

Wow, stunning work as usual!
I love seeing your work Laura, Its so amazing - It always looks so real.
Have a wonderful Christmas and new year and looking forward to all the beautiful art we will be seeing next year hopefully!

Laura said...

I agree Sue, elegant seems such a fitting word for this breed, and certainly for Teruh. Hope you have a Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year xx

Thank you Elena and Karen xx

And thank you too Rebecca, that is very kind of you to say so. Hope you too have a wonderful Christmas and hope you'll be back to follow my work in the New Year xx

Judy said...

Fantastic!!! Your work is amazing and a pleasure to view. I will look forward to seeing more from you in the New Year.....Merry Xmas from the Land Downunder.


Judy, Aus.

Laura said...

Hi Judy and thank you:-)

ahmet bayraktar said...

Sei fantastica!

air max 2009 said...

I am glad to talk with you and you give me great help! Thanks for that, I am wonderring if i can contact you via email when i meet problems?

SUgar PluM said...

your drawing and beautiful and so close to life, that I thought the horse was a photograph. Amazing work ^W^ I hope to be as good as you one day~

jessica

Unknown said...

very expressive

ncuxapa said...

Tino is my favorite, did you do it all by yourself...its amazing.

Linda Kardas said...

Your drawings are amazing! I would like to draw like you!