Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The story so far

With the Christmas rush over things have calmed down a bit behind the easel giving me some time to update my website - well that was my plan. My computer had other ideas and decided to 'crash' on Christmas Eve. The timing couldn't have been worse with nowhere open to take it to be fixed - if it could be fixed!!

I spent all that week convinced I had lost all my data. That worry combined with my severe lack of sleep (thanks to Zara) didn't make me the greatest company to be around. But it is only a computer I hear you say - this is true but I have EVERYTHING stored on my computer, pictures, website, client details to name but a few. As it turned out I needn't have worried as I was, and I quote, "very lucky I didn't lose everything on my harddrive". I have learnt a valuable lesson after all this however and that is to back-up all my data and updates on a regular basis.

So with my computer back I have made a start on updating my website with my Christmas commissions beginning with the colour pencil portraits. The portraits I will be adding to this gallery include.......

Amber, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Lenny, the Collie

and Millie, the Chocolate Lab

All beautiful dogs, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy Hall said...

Great work, laura they look fantastic!